Mapleton and District Community Association
Last reviewed: 06/12/23
As one of the two originators of the Pop Up Community News, MADCA has for many years provided oversight for this important initiative. However, in recent times the Pop Up Community News has developed new management arrangements, identity, and directions.
Because of these changes, MADCA has decided to end its relationship with the PUCN. We take this opportunity to express our appreciation for the work that has been done by the Pop Up Community News and to wish the new PUCN team well in their ongoing endeavours to support our community.
The Mapleton and District Community Association Inc (MADCA) is a not-for-profit organisation, comprised of local citizens that works with residents, community groups and local government to promote our beautiful hinterland village and surrounding district and preserve its heritage and outstanding natural environment. The MADCA provides a key forum and voice that reflects and articulates our community’s concerns and views to all levels of government and other organisations.
The MADCA was founded in Sept, 1990, as a result the amalgamation of the Mapleton and District Rate Payers Association and the Mapleton Farmers and Fruitgrowere Progress Association. Our goals are described in our founding objects. They are to:
- 1. To provide a forum for residents and ratepayers of Mapleton and District to express their views on any matter that affects the community.
- This means that the association aims to create an environment where community members can voice their opinions and concerns on issues that affect them.
- 2. To act in the interest of residents and ratepayers when dealing with various levels of government, other parties, and organisations.
- This means that the association aims to represent the interests of the community when dealing with external parties.
- 3. To promote the balanced development of Mapleton and surrounding areas.
- This means that the association aims to encourage growth and development in a way that is sustainable and benefits the community.
- 4. To promote the social, cultural, sporting, and economic welfare of the community.
- This means that the association aims to support and enhance the well-being of the community in various aspects of life.
- 5. To be non-political and non-sectarian.
- This means that the association aims to remain neutral and not affiliated with any political or religious group.
We support local residents and businesses and are a voice, for a thriving, connected and inclusive community.
Mission and Vision
Knowing and understanding what is important to our community is the first step to creating the place we want to live. The MADCA has been undertaking a community engagement process in which we have asked our community what would make Mapleton an even better place to live.
That conversation about how to make Mapleton a better place, never stops. We believe that the following criteria reflect what our community values most;
- Community: Inclusive, equitable, united
- Economy: Diverse, prosperous, resilient
- Environment: Vibrant, leadership, sustainable
- Leadership: Transparent, adaptive, accountable
Support, Sponsorship and Partnership
We are proudly supported by the Sunshine Coast Council's grants program. This program provides a valuable contribution to our operational expenses.
Mapleton 4560, Queensland is a charming and welcoming village and rural community that prides itself on its strong sense of community and inclusivity. The locals value the connections between all residents, making it a warm and friendly place to call home.
One of the most notable features of Mapleton is its outstanding natural landscapes, which provide ample green space for residents to enjoy. The surrounding ecosystems are also home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, making it a haven for nature lovers.
Despite being a rural community, Mapleton has a rich cultural heritage that is celebrated and cherished by its residents. The MADCA is committed to preserving the individual character of the district while simultaneously working towards a sustainable future in terms of the environment, economy, and society.
For those interested in learning more about Mapleton, there are various resources available by clicking on the buttons below. Whether you're considering moving to the area or simply looking to learn more about this vibrant community, there is something for everyone in Mapleton.